http://therealpickygourmet.com – Best of Zurich Restaurant 2011 List
The Real Picky Gourmet’s Top 5 Zurich Restaurants::
- The Restaurant – Dolder – quite frankly the best dining experience – one of the very few places where the elegance, sophistication and classiness of the dining room is met by the food
- Stef’s Freieck – One man, one car, one computer – Knight Rider or in this case One chef, one waiter, one kitchen – Stef’s Freieck
- Cafe Boy – Culinary handicraft at a very high level, innovative, interesting events and still not tired & going strong
- Delmonico – Loads of raw talent, virtually immune to advice, strong headed and big balls – my type of kitchen
- Tre Fratelli – One word: Meatloaf
Top Newcomer 2011
ValeFritz im Daikini – 58 CHF for an amuse bouche and a 4 course dinner of pretty high quality with a knack for trying out things. Also likes to leverage salt in desserts.
Zurich’s Disappointments 2011
A close tie but for very different reasons:
Hooters – I hope my mother doesn’t read this – rumour has it I was breastfed until I was two years old – which seems to explain my obsessions at a mature age – I was hoping for a dining experience which would quench all kind of appetites – but the boobs weren’t worth the visit.
Letzigrund – This shames not only swiss sausage culture, it’s simply a scam!
Teufelhof – Part of being disappointed is having big hopes and these not being met – culinary intelligence didn’t seem adequate for the level of finesse the establishment radiates